Under Royal Warrant of King Charles II, 24 colours were issued to the Regiment for use as Company Colours: on each was a Royal badge.
In 1854, Queen Victoria's sanction was obtained for an additional series of 6 badges and since that time 30 Company Badges have remained in use in the Regiment and are the basis of our Colours today.
Company Colours ceased to be re-issued after 1838 except for those issued in rotation as Regimental Colours to Battalions. After 1859 these were issued as, and under the title of, Regimental rather than Company Colours.
The Company Badges are now borne in rotation on the Regimental Colours of Battalions and on the 30 Company marking flags, properly known as Camp Flags or Camp Colours.