Cluff, DL, John G (Algy)
Mr John G Cluff, DL is better known to those who know him as "Algy" Cluff.
He is a Vice President of the East Kent Branch and is a prominent figure in the oil and mining business. He has lived in Kent for over 42 years (as at October 2011).
Algy was commissioned in the Grenadier Guards in 1959 and served with the Guards Independant Parachute Company in West Africa, Cyprus and Borneo. He retired from active military service in 1965.
On 10 June 2009, the London Gazette recorded that he had been appointed one of five new Deputy Lieutenants of Kent for positive contributions to the County. See: www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/59087/pages/9849
Deputy Lieutenants fulfil a number of duties, including greeting and accompanying royalty and heads of state during official visits and presenting awards on behalf of the monarchy.
Members of the East Kent Branch offer their warmest congratulations to Algy on his appointment.
Algy is also President Kent Wing Air Training Corps; Vice President of Kent Army Bevevolent Fund and Chairman of the War Memorials Trust. He was Chairman of the Spectator for 25 years and is currently Chairman and Chief Executive of Cluff Gold Plc.